Video: Passenger hides in overhead luggage to avoid paying train fare
- Filed under:
The things some people will do to avoid paying their train fare...
One cheeky passenger, called Daniel, decided to see if he could outsmart not one but two conductors as he climbed into the overhead luggage rack and hid behind an opened-out suitcase.
His little trick did actually work, and the video has now gone viral on YouTube.
Although the video is not in English, comments on YouTube have said that, at one point, a female passenger tells the cameraman not to draw too much attention to Daniel when the conductor comes by.
Towards the end of the video, other passengers can be seen taking pictures of Daniel in his hiding spot, before he climbs down, victorious.
Mum of three beaten by teen on train for asking her to stop singing
Video: Man narrowly escapes death on level crossing train tracks
Top ten fare-dodging excuses
- 'I'm related to the Queen so I don't need a ticket.'
- 'I'm in the Zimbabwean SAS, on covert operations.'
- 'Don't you know who I am?'
- 'I didn't think you would accept my fare'.
- 'What's a ticket?'
- 'Do I need a ticket? I thought the railway was free.'
- 'If the ticket man doesn't see me then I don't need one.'
- 'I'm a freeman of the land, I don't recognise the law and the law does not apply to me.'
- 'I thought I was a child until I was 21' (said by a fully-grown adult travelling on a child's ticket)
- 'I thought by hiding in the luggage rack you wouldn't see me'