Man dies in balcony fall at Butlins
- Filed under:
A 23-year-old man died at the Butlins resort in Bognor Regis in the early hours of this morning, after falling from a sixth-floor balcony.
The Bournemouth Echo reports that Timothy Wall, from St Leonards, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A police spokesman told the newspaper: "At 1.15am emergency services were called to a hotel in Butlins.
"A male had fallen from a hotel balcony. Resuscitation was attempted but he was pronounced dead at the scene."
BBC News reports that Sussex Police is continuing its inquiries to establish the circumstances of Mr Wall's death, which is not being treated as suspicious.
Click on the image below to see how Butlins has changed over the years...
Butlins through the ages
- 1946: Sunbathers in Skegness
- 1947: The casual look
- 1960: Redcoats with Jimmy Tarbuck
- Zhandra Rhodes redesigns the Redcoat
- 1996: Butlins: The Musical stars Alvin Stardust
- 1998: new redcoat designed by Jeff Banks
- Jeff Banks hard at work
- 2004: Nell McAndrew in the new 'strip' chosen by the British Fashion Council
- 2011: Redcoats 75th anniversary
- 2012: Hannah Clayton's modern take on the Redcoat
- 1936: One of the first ever Redcoats
Holiday rep fighting for life after hotel balcony fall
Man dies after falling from Spanish hotel balcony