Take a View: Landscape Photographers of the Year
- Filed under:
The winners of the 2012 Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards have been announced, and the results are rather spectacular.
'Take A View' was launched to celebrate the beauty of the UK - and it has done just that. See the images below for just some of the winning shots.
The awards are accompanied by the launch of full colour book – Landscape Photographer of the Year: Collection 6 by AA Publishing, which is available now. Find out more information at take-a-view.co.uk. They'll also be on show at a free exhibition, showcasing winning and commended entries, will be at the National Theatre in London from 12th November 2012 until 12th January 2013.
Landscape Photographers of the Year 2012
- Dawn Display on Rydal Water, Cumbria (Commended)
- Moonlit Bill, Portland Bill, Dorset (Commended)
- Delamere Forest, Cheshire (Category winner)
- Lavender at Faulkland, Somerset (Commended)
- Path of Condie, Kinross-Shire, Scotland (Commended)
- The Wave, Douglas, Isle of Man (Category runner up)
- Frosty Sunflowers, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire (Highly commended)
- The Summer Milky Way, Selsey Bill, West Sussex (Commended)
- Grazing Cattle, Marleycombe Hill, Wiltshire (Highly commended)
- The 8.30 from Hamworthy, Holes Bay, Poole, Dorset (Network Rail Award winner)
- Rattray Head in Winter, Aberdeenshire, Scotland (Commended)
- The New Forest, Hampshire (Category winner)
- New Brighton Storm, Merseyside (Category runner up)
- St Paul's Cathedral and One New Change, London (Commended)
- The Punch Bowl, Somerset (Commended)
Sign up to our weekly newsletter | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook