Butlin's to banish boozy guests
- Filed under:
Butlin's has become a popular a popular choice for stag and hen weekends as well as themed party weekends.
But now the flagship resort in Minehead, Somerset - which attracts 400,000 people a year - has promised that any guests who are behaving badly, either in the resort or in the town centre, will be asked to leave.
The Mirror reports that local residents have been intimidated by boozy Butlin's residents behaving badly after having one too many.
As a result, guests will be warned what will happen if they don't behave themselves and Butlin's has hired two more police officers to patrol the town during its popular music weekends. Anyone who is guilty of antisocial behaviour will be escorted back to the resort by police and asked to leave - and the cost of their holiday will not be refunded.
Inspector Lisa Simpson told This is Somerset: "I am very pleased to be working with Burlin's to ensure that Minehead is a safe, enjoyable and pleasant environment for both residents and visitors alike"
She added: "This new scheme requires us all to work together - the police, Butlin's, the town's licensed premises and the local community."
Click on the image below to see some pictures of Butlin's through the ages...
Butlins through the ages
- 1946: Sunbathers in Skegness
- 1947: The casual look
- 1960: Redcoats with Jimmy Tarbuck
- Zhandra Rhodes redesigns the Redcoat
- 1996: Butlins: The Musical stars Alvin Stardust
- 1998: new redcoat designed by Jeff Banks
- Jeff Banks hard at work
- 2004: Nell McAndrew in the new 'strip' chosen by the British Fashion Council
- 2011: Redcoats 75th anniversary
- 2012: Hannah Clayton's modern take on the Redcoat
- 1936: One of the first ever Redcoats