In pictures: Scotland's underwater wonderland
- Filed under:
Ambitious photographer Jane Morgan, from Cornwall, travelled to the remote archipelago of St Kilda in Scotland to explore the colourful life of its waters and took these amazing images.
From plaice hidden in the seabed to a fiery red spiny squat lobster, browse the stunning photos taken underwater in St Kilda...
Underwater in St Kilda
- A sea hare relaxes on the reef in St Kilda
- A spiny squat lobster stands out in stunning red with blue marks
- A clear Nudibranch with yellow patterns rests on some kelp
- A diver in the arch at Sgarbhstac in St Kilda
- A plaice tries to blend in with the seabed
- A skeleton or ghost shrimp in St Kilda
- The common sunstar shows off its beautiful colours
- Black brittle stars sprawled out on boring sponge
- A lesser octopus relaxes on a reef
- The sagartia anemone's tips gently float in the water as it rests on a reef
Sign up to our weekly newsletter | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook