The most amazing British wildlife photos ever captured?
- Filed under:
Ever wanted to get up close to Britain's most elusive animals? A new photography book allows you to just do that and gives you the feeling of actually meeting some of the UK's most beautiful animals.
After 20 months in the field, Britain's most ambitious nature photography project to date has produced a stunning collection of images showcasing the best of wildlife across the UK and we've got the pics right here!
2020VISION tells the story of Britain's ecosystems and the vital services they provide to us all. The images were taken by 20 top nature and wildlife photographers for the 272-page book.
Browse some of the spectacular photos in 2020Vision below...
Breathtaking British wildlife photographs
- A common blue damselfly (Enallagma cyathigerum) photographed at Tamar Lake in Cornwall
- A puffin (Fratercula arctica) swimming underwater in the Farne Islands, Northumberland
- A common seal (Phoca vitulina) pup resting on a sandbank during a sandstorm in Donna Nook, Lincolnshire
- A hen harrier (Circus cyaneus) adult female diving to its nest site at Glen Tanar Estate in Grampian, Scotland
- A basking shark (Cetorhinus maximus) feeding on plankton in the surface waters around the island of Coll, Inner Hebrides
- A red deer (Cervus elaphus) stag thrashing bracken during rutting season in Bushy Park, London
- An old male grey seal (Halichoerus grypus) with its mouth wide open showing worn teeth in Lundy Island, Bristol Channel
- A black-tailed godwit (Limosa limosa) taking of from a tidal pool in Snettisham RSPB reserve, Norfolk
- A red squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris) jumping while holding a nut in its mouth in the Cairngorms National Park, Scotland
2020VISION is published by AA Publishing and is available to buy now for £25.
Sign up to our weekly newsletter | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook