Pictures: England's night sky as you've never seen it
- Filed under:
Using exposures of up to 30 seconds, his unusual shots give an dark, eerie feel to the scenes, shot near some of Dorset's most famous icons, including the Hardy Monument and Portland Bill.
Stephen, who taught himself to take photos by reading an instruction manual, said he chose remote areas with low light pollution to take his pics. He often waited for hours to capture his shots.
He wants other photographers to contribute to his 'Dorset By Night' project. "I'd love to collect other photos from different photographers," he said. You can watch Stephen's video tutorial on time lapse photography at youtube.com/dorsetbynight.
Stargazing: England's sky at night as you've never seen it
- West Bay harbour, Dorset
- The Hardy monument, near Dorchester, Dorset
- Portland, Dorset
- RSPB reserve, Arne peninsula, Dorset
- Colmers Hill, near Bridport
- Portland Bill Lighthouse
- Laser show at Weymouth beach
- The International Space Station satellite, Charmouth, Dorset
- Sculptures in the lakes near Dorchester, Dorset
- West Milton village, Dorset
Sign up to our weekly newsletter | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook
Ten wonderful places to sleep under the stars