Thomas Cook halves price of Olympic tickets
- Filed under:
Travel agent Thomas Cook has halved the price of its Olympic ticket and hotel deals in a limited offer to boost sales a month before the Games begin.
The four-day sale which ends on Monday 2 July is on across the 1,100 agency network and online with prices ranging between £100 and £1,000.
Thomas Cook, which has official permission to sell Olympic tickets, is offering budget accommodation with the tickets, meaning a ticket for a Britain versus Belgium hockey game with a one-night hotel stay at Travelodge now costs £149 instead of £399.
Managing director of Thomas Cook's London 2012 partnership, Stephen Vaughan said: 'It's no secret that there are generally more tickets available than people predicted a month ago.'
The sale, which coincides with many people's last pay day weekend before the Games starts, is on the remaining Games Breaks that the travel agent has available.
Travel Weekly revealed that the biggest discount was for a two-night break covering the opening ceremony and beach volleyball with accommodation at the Holiday Inn in Mayfair for £3,999 per person instead of £4,999.
Millions to escape Britain during Olympics for holidays abroad
Synchronised swimming lessons, anyone?
Are price hikes for Olympic hotels leading to tourism disaster?
Check out David Beckham's sightseeing tips for Olympic tourists...
David Beckham's Best of Britain
- Take a tour of Buckingham Palace
- Eat at one of London's best restaurants
- Stop off at a British pub
- Shop til you drop!
- Experience some real East London Food
- Get some fresh air in a Royal Park
- Take the kids to Thorpe Park
- Go on a stadium tour
- Play a round at St Andrews Golf Course
- Don't miss London's theatre scene
Think you know all the Olympic venues? Put your knowledge to the test with our fun quiz...
London Olympics 2012: Guess the venue
- Where will the beach volleyball be held?
- Horse Guard's Parade
- Where will the Marathon swimming and triathlon take place?
- Hyde Park
- Where will all the media congregate?
- International Broadcast Centre
- Where can you watch the canoe slalem?
- Lee Valley
- Where will the wheelchair basketball be on?
- The O2
- Which venue will be used for the shooting and archery?
- The Royal Artillery Barracks
- Where will the fencing, judo and boxing take place?
- The ExCel
- Where will the swimming competitions take place?
- The Aquatics Centre
- Which venue is hosting the cycling?
- The Velodrome
- Easy one! Where are all the athletics on?
- Athletics and Paralympic Athletics
- Which venue for which games? Bet you don't know them all...
And see our top ten UK 'Olympic' holidays below...
Ten of the best: active UK holidays
Sign up to our weekly newsletter | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook