Kate and Pippa Middleton jet off to Mustique for family break
- Filed under:
Kate Middleton has flown out to the Caribbean island of Mustique for a family holiday with her parents, brother and sister, Pippa Middleton.
Prince William, meanwhile, has stayed behind at home in Anglesey, North Wales, having just returned from a hunting holiday in Spain with Prince Harry.
According to reports in the Daily Mail, he couldn't get time off work to join Princess Catherine in Mustique, but he will be flying out to wife in the Caribbean before the end of the holiday.
The Middleton family flew first class to St Lucia on a scheduled BA flight from Gatwick, and then transferred to Mustique, where they are regular visitors.
The island is known for its balmy climate - temperatures remain at around 75F-80F all year round. Beautiful beaches abound.
Last year, it was reported that Kate's parents, Carole and Michael, are planning to buy a holiday mansion on the island.
The couple are regulars on the exclusive island - and Kate is no stranger to it either.
In 2006, she was spotted enjoying a luxury getaway to the island with Prince William (above), where they stayed in a luxury villa.
Clarence House refused to comment on the holiday.
Mustique has long been associated with royalty since Princess Margaret acquired ten acres of land there in the 1960s.
Views of Mustique
- Mustique attracts everyone from royalty to rock stars.
- Mick Jagger owns a stunning beachfront home on this stunning island...
- ...And Princess Margaret once owned ten acres of land and a luxury villa...
- The island is only 1,400 acres and has 110 private villas...
- ...and it's also the perfect place for yachting holidays.
- With its paradise beaches, soft lapping sea and balmy breezes......
Sign up to our weekly newsletter | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook